Last Updated on 5th December 2019
Applicable from 10th September 2019
This Returns Policy (“Policy”) will be applicable to the registered Sellers (as defined in Logistics Services and Payment Services Terms) (hereinafter referred to as “you”) who have received return request/s (“Return Request”) for the products offered for sale by the Seller and ordered by the Buyers using the Platform.
Any capitalized terms used herein in Policy and not defined explicitly shall have the same meaning as defined in the Logistics Services and Payment Services Terms
I. Policy Applicability:
This Policy will have applicability only to such registered Seller who has received Return Requests on the Platform. Seller is advised to go through our Returns Policy for its Buyers (available here) to ensure a consistent experience for Buyers on Platform
II. Process upon receipt of a Return Request:
- Upon receipt of a Return Request from the Buyer, the same will be displayed on the Platform. We will internally scrutinize the Return Request raised by the Buyer and will take action on the same as per our Return Policy for Buyers. You will be notified about our action on such a Return Request on the Platform.
- Basis our internal scrutiny of Return Request, we may in our sole discretion, reserve a right to settle the Order amount for the product for which Return Request has been placed by the Buyer, without returning the Product to you.
III. Delivery of returned product to you:
- In cases where the Product is required to be returned basis the Return Policy for Buyers, we will endeavor to make the first attempt to deliver the returned product to you within forty-five (45) days from the date of receipt of returned product (except for product under Food-FMCG category) from the Buyer. For products under the Food-FMCG category, we will endeavor to make the first attempt to deliver the returned product to you within two to five (2-5) days from the date of receipt of returned product from the Buyer. For any delay in making the first attempt to deliver the Reverse Shipment beyond the said timeline due to reasons solely attributable to us, we shall communicate such delay to you within a reasonable time. In case of unavoidable circumstances or natural calamity, timelines will be extended. You will be able to track the Reverse Shipment (defined below) on the Platform. You are bound to accept the delivery of Reverse Shipment and sign the proof of delivery given by our logistics partner.
- Upon receipt of the returned product from the Buyer, the returned product will be delivered to you by our field executive (at the location from where the shipment was picked up for forwarding order delivery to the Buyer) (hereinafter referred to as “Reverse Shipment”), in the same condition in which it is received by us from the third-party logistics service providers. It is hereby clarified that we shall not be responsible or liable to re-package the returned product and the same shall be delivered to you on an as is’ basis.
- If we are unable to deliver the Reverse Shipment to you due to your or your representative’s unavailability or the delivery location to be closed, our field executive will make a maximum of two(2) more attempts to deliver the Reverse Shipment to the designated delivery location. We will endeavor to attempt delivery within the next forty-eight (48) hours from the last delivery attempt. Our returns team will contact you to arrange for delivery of the Reverse Shipment.
- However, if despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to deliver the Reverse Shipment to you in the third attempt, the Reverse Shipment will be transferred to our liquidation hub for liquidation. We shall deduct and adjust the value of the Reverse Shipment (that has already been transferred to you for the said Reverse Shipment) from your sale proceeds that are collected by us on your behalf from the Buyer(s) or any other amounts that we are required to pay you. We shall not assume any liability to payany amount to you upon liquidation of such Reverse Shipment or entertain any claims with respect to such Reverse Shipment. You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any money or amount that we may receive from liquidation of such Reverse Shipment.
- At the time of delivery of the Reverse Shipment, our field executive will open the Reverse Shipment at your location and you are bound to accept such shipment in an open condition. You agree to allow our field executive to take photos, videos, etc. of the opened Reverse Shipment. You acknowledge and undertake that such photos, videos, etc. and/or remarks by our field executive with respect to the Reverse Shipment (“Evidence”) shall be used by us at the time of settling disputes (if any) that may be raised by you with respect to the Reverse Shipment. We may ask you to provide additional documents in support of your dispute as per the terms of this Policy.
- At the time of delivery of the Reverse Shipment to you or any of your representatives, our field executive will require you to acknowledge the delivery of the same by signing on the proof of delivery document (“POD”). You are advised to carefully sign on the POD and clearly call out the damage or tampering to the packaging, if any and immediately report the same to us within seventy-two (72)hours from the receipt of delivery of Reverse Shipment by choosing the ‘Disputes’ option on the Returns Page on the Platform as per Section V below.
- At the time of receiving the Reverse Shipment, please keep in mind the following:
- You will not detain our field executive for any reason whatsoever
- You will clearly mention about any tampering, pilferage, or damage to the Reverse Shipment on POD at the time of receiving the Reverse Shipment from us and immediately raise your concerns on the Platform
IV. Refusal to accept delivery of Reverse Shipment:
You are bound to accept the delivery of Reverse Shipment. However, if you refuse to accept delivery of the Reverse Shipment, we shall make a maximum of one (1) more attempt to deliver the Reverse Shipment to you within reasonable time. Our returns team will contact you to arrange for delivery of the Reverse Shipment. However, if despite reasonable efforts from our end to deliver the Reverse Shipment to you, you refuse to take delivery of the Reverse Shipment, you agree and acknowledge that we shall be entitled to move the Reverse Shipment to our liquidation hub and liquidate or dispose off such Reverse Shipment in any manner as we may deem fit in our sole discretion. We shall deduct and adjust the value of the Reverse Shipment (that has already been transferred to you for the said Reverse Shipment) from your sale proceeds that are collected by us on your behalf from the Buyer(s) or any other amounts that we are required to pay you. We shall not entertain any claims brought by you with respect to such unaccepted / refused Reverse Shipment and you agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any money or amount that we may receive from liquidation of such Reverse Shipment.
If it is found that you have misbehaved with our customer support team or forcefully detained or misbehaved with our field executive, we reserve the right to not deliver the Reverse Shipment and deduct & adjust the value of the Reverse Shipment from your sale proceeds. We further reserve the right to take appropriate action against you as per applicable laws.
We may accept delivery of Reverse Shipment in certain exceptional cases, in case of products under the Food/ FMCG category, if we may deem fit in our sole discretion.
V. Raising a Dispute:
- You may raise a dispute through the Returns Page on Platform within seventy-two (72) hours from receipt of delivery of the Reverse Shipment to you, failing which the Reverse Shipment shall be deemed as accepted by you without any damage or fault. You may raise a dispute for any one of the following reasons using the Platform:
- Reverse Shipment/outer box is in a visibly damaged condition or tampered
- Products received are wrong
- Difference in the quantity
- If the Reverse Shipment is not delivered to you but marked “delivered” on the Platform
- Mismatch/non-alignment with the approved refund amount.
- Upon receipt of your complaint or dispute on the Platform, our returns dispute team will get in touch with you to resolve your concerns or disputes in accordance with our return policies as may be amended from time to time. You agree to co-operate with us while investigating into the claim or dispute raised by you and provide us photographs and/or videos of Reverse Shipment (internal and outer box), and such other documents/ proof or information which we may require to investigate into the issue or concern raised by you. You further agree that the dispute will be settled by us our decision with respect to the investigation shall be final and binding on you based on the. Evidence collected by us. You agree that our decision with respect to the investigation and your dispute shall be final and binding on you.
- We may require certain documents/ proof/ information from your end in support of your claim, at the time of raising a dispute or post submission of your dispute. These documents/proof in support of your claim may include without limitation:
- Images of the returned product(s) indicating the issue in the Reverse Shipment delivered. The images need to capture the following:
1. the Return ID; 2. AWB number of the Reverse Shipment; 3. packed Reverse Shipment; 4. issue observed by you in the returned product; 5. damages to the returned product; 6. brand name/ manufacturer’s name of the returned product; and/or 7. the IMEI number (in case the product is a mobile phone).
VI. Dispute Settlement Process:
Upon receipt of your dispute and necessary documentation in support of your claim, we will investigate internally and endeavour to resolve your dispute within five (5) days of receipt of dispute. Based on the documentation provided by you, the dispute may be resolved either:
- against you if it is concluded by us that:
- Evidences collected by us and documentation, proof, and information provided by you in support of your claim do not match;
- document/ proof provided by you in support of your claim are insufficient; or
- you do not respond to the inquiry calls and/or calls made by us to procure missing documentation, proof, and information in support of your claim from your end; in such cases your dispute will be settled against you.
- in your favour if it is concluded by us that document/ proof/ information submitted by you along with your dispute are sufficient and justify your claim and match with Evidences collected by us, then we will approve your dispute.If the dispute is settled in your favour, we will not make any deductions or adjustments for the value of the returned product (that has already been transferred to you for the said returned product) from your sale proceeds that are collected by us on your behalf from the Buyer(s) or any other amounts that we are required to pay to you.
Returns dispute resolution is a mechanism of seller protection and is subjected to guidelines of fair use by sellers. If we in our opinion become suspicious or become aware of any misuse of this Policy or the Platform by you, we may notify the seller for a change in applicability of our dispute resolution mechanism.